Tim gained a fine art degree at Brighton and photography at PCL. More recently he has gained a reputation as an accomplished painter.
With the belief that observational figurative painting has a place in contemporary art, he has won prestigious painting prizes. In 2014 he was awarded the Gordon Hulson Prize for “Draughtsmanship, Variety & Exploration.”Since then he has been selected for inclusion in high-profile gallery exhibitions including; the Columbia Threadneedle Prize, The National Open Art Comp, the ING Discerning Eye, The Lynn Painter Stainers Prize. and has recently been shortlisted for the RA summer show.
Moved by the disquiet of the abandoned building, a forgotten space, a night time petrol station or an empty shop, Tim Goffe’s painterly style is a balance of precision and expressive mark-making, which has developed from his desire to translate the emotional effects light can evoke into oil paintings. He looks for beauty in the ordinary, and meaning in the banal.
- Columbia Threadneedle Prize 2016
- Battersea Art Station 2015
- National Open Art Exhibition shortlist 2015
- The New English Arts Club Annual Open 2015
- WAS Open Studios 2015
- Royal Soc of British Artist annual show 2015
- Lynn Painter-Stainer Prize Show 2014
- Royal Soc of British Artists Open 2014 (Prize winner)
- The Cork Street Open 2013,14
- Cultivate Vyner St
- Espacio Gallery Shoreditch
- Llewellyn Alexander Gallery
- The Bigger Picture Crystal Palace
- Portico Galley Lambeth Open
- Matter 2020 Canary Wharf
- LABGallery New York
- The Sketchbook Project USA tour